We understand that violence against children is deep-rooted problem in the society that demands purposeful intervention to ensure the wellbeing of children.
What we do:
We work to:
- Address cultural practices, norms, attitudes and behaviour that discriminate children in school and at home and perpetuates child abuse.
- Engage public institutions and CSOs to promote the rights of children and ensure progressive laws and policies as well as child rights promotion systems; services and responses are in place
- Raise community awareness on the rights of children
- Establish or strengthen children clubs at schools to promote their rights and engage with children focused clubs (girls’ clubs, boys’ clubs and mothers’ clubs) and teachers towards advancing children’s rights
- Institute child friendly violence reporting systems
- Advocate for enactment/enforcement of progressive policies and laws that promote children rights using media and various means of communication in collaboration with like-minded organizations and monitor provision of services to victims of violence
- Support creation and access of child friendly environment in schools and communities
- Collaborate with child focussed organizations, networks, forums and coalitions for mutual learning and sharing as well as collective actions to promote the rights of children